Search This Blog

Thursday 18 January 2018

"Come... Believe"

I ask for grace.  May I pray and meditate faithfully.  I ask for patience, tolerance, empathy, and compassion.  I ask for the grace to abstain from anger, anxiety, compulsive behaviour, discouragement, and self-importance.  I ask to know and follow Jesus more intimately, seeking justice, loving kindness, and walking humbly.


Galatians 2:15-18
15 We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; 16yet we know that a person is justified not by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by doing the works of the law, because no one will be justified by the works of the law. 17But if, in our effort to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have been found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! 18But if I build up again the very things that I once tore down, then I demonstrate that I am a transgressor.


1) "...faith in Jesus Christ;" "...come to believe;" "...justified by faith;" "...certainly not!" "...I demonstrate that I am a transgressor;" 


2) One way or another, I'm a transgressor.  I transgress.  And though I can pursue many a good work, even then, I can be mistaken that the work is good, or I could go about pursuing the good work in a bad way, or I could simply fail in achieving the good work I would do.  Faith, in God's willingness and capacity for love, willingness and capacity to forgive, willingness and capacity to provide, willingness and capacity to reconcile, is what brings about the Kingdom way/salvation/resurrection/new life.  Today I am grateful for God's willingness and capacity to love, forgive, provide, and reconcile.  How willing am I to let God's willingness and capacity be witnessed through me?  through my actions?  through my willingness and capacity to love, forgive, provide, and reconcile?  Could I commit more deeply?  I have a deep sense that "yes, I could."


3) What is the invitation in all this?  To commit more deeply to letting God's willingness and capacity to love, forgive, provide, and reconcile be proclaimed through my capacity to love, forgive, provide, and reconcile.


"Holy One, work in me a willingness and capacity to be yours."


Breathprayer: "Come... believe."



No comments:

Post a Comment